Wednesday 6 October 2010

Catching up...

 As mentioned in a previous post, I have got lots of catching up to do in terms of making things for an upcoming craft stall, so, last weekend I was making fingerless gloves, thanks to a super easy pattern shared on http://tinyhappy.typepad.com/tiny_happy/2006/06/winter_hands.html
The first pair were made from a nice chunky sirdar Tweedie wool...


These gloves grow really fast and are lovely and comfy- brilliant for the increasingly cool mornings!
I have made these in several colours and sizes. Some of my favourites are....

  

I particularly like the fairisle effect Crofter Chunky wool. It knits up beautifully, and gives a bit of interest to an otherwise quite plain pattern!

In other news, I have been enjoying using a certain cooking book....


and last weekend I made a firm favourite- potage parmentiers (leek and potato soup). SUCH a simple recipe, but so delicious...




Besides making the fingerless gloves as shown above, I have been making some more of the beautiful fingerless cabled gloves as shown here. These are a lot more fiddly than the chunky knit ones, but the effect is gorgeous. They are done in DK yarn, and can be made to varying length. The ones I am currently working on are not massively long...















... and I have just discovered (thanks Mum!) Katia Ondas yarn, which makes a scarf in one ball...



FUN!


On a less fun note, this is what I am doing with lots of the rest of my time...

 Grr. Marking! 
Happy Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment