Thursday 8 July 2010

A cushy little number and a trusty ol' Singer.

Last night it occurred to me that cushion covers don't actually take very long to make. Couple that with the fact that I don't particularly like some of the ones we have, and that I have a box full of lovely material just waiting to be used and bingo- an evening's activity.


Singing away.

I am very grateful for my trusty Singer sewing machine. It belonged to my grandma- Nanna, and she gave it to me as a wedding present, in a beautiful hand-made table that my Grandfather (Bumpa) made her for their own wedding, now over fifty years ago.




It has seen many decades of use by Nanna, and five years of (somewhat sporadic) use from me, and it's still going strong.
At present I have a very beautiful view from my 'sewing area', although next month we hope to move, so who knows what the view will be then.

No comments:

Post a Comment