Tuesday 27 July 2010

Holiday Crafting

I have just got back from a fun, yet exhausting week away in France.  It turns out, sleeping in the same room as ones toddler is not the prime ingredient for an excellent night's sleep.  Add to that lots of French conversation and (attempts at) translation and we have the recipe for a tired Mum!  However, in the relaxed afternoons I did get some time to do some knitting, and it turns out sitting and getting on with a bit of tricotage is a good way of opening up conversations with people!


So. Starting in the car on the way down from Dunkirk I got earnestly stuck into the summer jumper I have been trying to make for Élysée.  I made it out of a cotton-bamboo blend yarn as I figured that would be nice and cool.

It always takes much longer than expected to sew up, and weaving in the ends is quite a slow job, but the finished product was worth all the effort...



After this, I started the first project in a while that has been for me, and I am making some wrist warmers using Sirdar Chunky wool... The best thing about this yarn is how fast it grows...



So.  I need to get on with something else now. Time to browse my new craft books. Any good project ideas people can recommend? I'm always up for a new idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment