Monday 13 December 2010

Orange jumpers, and knitted nose warmers!

So the gloves are now finished and ready to be given as a gift...



I had a visit from a lovely friend of mine this weekend, and her gorgeous 4 month old son, William has just grown into a jumper I knitted him whilst he was still a bump! It brought immense joy to see this jumper on and being enjoyed, and I think he looked rather strapping... (even if he did refuse to smile!)


In the vein of orange  jumpers, Élysée absolutely lives in a lovely orange cardigan and hat that my Nanna made for him last Christmas. Another rather strapping young man....


I had a fun afternoon today with a lovely friend, who asked if I could help teach her to knit, as she wanted to make her sister a nose warmer (!) for their upcoming ski holiday. Yes. Quite! Well, in the end, we settled for a pattern from a knitted animal book (Jean Greenhowe) and she is going to attach some elastic to it later! Ingenious if you ask me! (if you were wondering, I do believe that this gift is largely for comedy value!)...



What fun. I shall leave you now as I am currently knitting the border for a cardigan I have been making for a while for Owen, another lovely little boy. I leave you with a rather charming photo of Élysée with one of his best little friends in their PJs, reading together in his play tent...



Enjoy your evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment