Sunday 9 January 2011

Singing away

Yesterday and today, we saw a rare sight (well, rare for recent weeks)- blue sky! I can't believe how much that lifted my spirits- so much so that I had to capture the moment on camera to remind myself that it is still up there above the clouds...

Now that we are well and truly into the New Year, I am allowed to get making and knitting for the impending arrival.  It is quite exciting to be doing things in girlie colours too, as I have done lots of making in blues and browns these past few years. So- on the go at the moment are...
A Debbie Bliss Cardigan in Cashmerino (so lovely to knit with!)

Some booties (a good chance to try out my new Singer!)


My new Singer sewing machine arrived this week, and, being incredibly conscientious I refrained from just jumping in and playing, and actually read the manual cover to cover first!  It does lots of fancy stitches and looks rather lovely too.




What a lovely start to the New Year.  What are you planning to make at the start of 2011? I'm all up for sharing some inspiration!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment