Saturday 5 March 2011

I've done-knit! *

So I finally finished the cabled cardigan- started on December 25th, and completed yesterday on March 4th!  It was quite a labour of love- given how long some little-person clothes take to make!

The finishing always takes far longer than you think it will, so a good deal of yesterday was spent knitting borders, sewing pieces together and weaving in loose ends...



Some was completed outside whilst E played in the garden, a friend's baby slept in the garden and my friend continued on with her cross-stitch...





So there we have it. It's huge- I did 3-6 months size, but I reckon it'll fit for about a year! It's also really quite heavy because the knitting is pretty dense- 3.25 needles and Cashmerino wool.  But for something that's taken this long (along side lots of other projects, naturally!) I'm glad it will last for a while!

I modified a few little bits and bobs (as I am now a little prone to doing as my confidence grows) such as slightly reducing the size of the border as I wasn't convinced I'd have enough wool to complete the project otherwise.  As it was I had a very small amount left- not quite enough for some matching booties, unfortunately!

What shall I do next?! Answers on a postcard! (in all seriousness- any ideas?!)

For the immediate future (i.e. after finishing this post) I need to go and put on a Boef Bourguinon (again à la Julia Child) for a belated Birthday dinner party for my Husband.

I hope you have a restful weekend.

Cx

* p.s. I would like to unreservedly apologise for the pun in the title of this post.  Upon remarking to my Husband that I didn't know what to name the post, he suggested the pun, and I couldn't quite resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment