Saturday 12 February 2011

Is spring approaching?

Today was another beautiful day.  It makes such a difference to how you feel doesn't? I certainly feel cheered by the blue sky and aeroplane tracks.  That was especially nice after a night when my toddler woke up a number of times (teeth/cold/just because?!)

We have some beautiful flowers starting to spring up around the edge of our garden- most notably Snowdrops...


And Crocuses (croci?).


In keeping with the cheery weather and spring-like feel, I've been trying to finish off a project that I started last summer! (very remiss- I am usually quite good about finishing one thing before starting the next... well, within reason!).  This project is the Bird Mobile from the Cath Kidston Sew! book.


I thought that this would make a lovely little addition for hanging above the crib for when the little one puts in her appearance.  I'm also making another one in tandem for the shop.


In other news, I had to undo about 60 rows of my cable knit cardi (grr!) because I'd been inaccurate in measuring my arm holes. Oh well, you live and learn... I'm almost back to where I was before I undid it all...


I made some lovely "Coffee Kisses"- recipe c/o my Nanna, which made for a delightful Crafternoon with one of my friends yesterday...


I can post the recipe if anyone would like it.
And, isn't this a lovely mug? My Dad gave it to me- he'd been given in as an "anniversary edition" for his school, but they have lots of mugs at home, and I was rather taken by the classic Emma Bridgewater shape and design.


I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment